Principle Member Medical PackagesChoose an appropriate medical insurance package for the Principle Member.
Find a Medical Insurance Plan
To get a quote and compare plans, first tell us about your family. This information will help us find the right medical insurance plan to meet your needs.
World-Class SupportWe are in the business of assisting people. So whether you have a problem while you're traveling, or you are having trouble with our website, we can help.
If you can't find what you're looking for online, please give us a call at +256 414 332 700. Our customer service team can help you purchase a new policy, make changes to an existing policy, file a claim, or answer any questions you may have. You can also send us an email and we'll respond as soon as possible.
The Good CompanyUAP Old Mutual Group is an integrated financial services company offering a range of financial services, which include Investment, Insurance, Banking and Savings with a wider and more accessible distribution network.
Medical Insurance FAQs
Medical insurance is the type of insurance that is taken out to cover the cost of medical care. It provides you with coverage for hospitalization, pre-specified ailments and accidents that are for a pre-specified amount.
The unexpected may happen at any given time and unfortunately, when least expected. Medical insurance protection offers a helpline to assist in navigating and managing through the unexpected as well as provides financial protection for your medical costs during hospitalization up to the policy limit.COVER BENEFITS
- Dental Cover
- Optical Cover
- In-Patient Cover for Chronic conditions and HIV/AIDS with a one year waiting period.
- Out-Patient cover for Pre-existing conditions, chronic, congenital & genetic conditions
- Option of Overseas Referral (Kenya, India, South Africa Only) subject to terms and conditions and written approval and pre authorization by UAP Insurance.
- Geographical limits; Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan
- Every member will be presented with a SMART card to be used foe identification while at the medical facility.
- All members are covered from birth to 65 years. Members aged 50 and above are subjected to a medical examination at their cost in the prescribed format at the UAP OLD MUTUAL's appointed medical doctor to be considered for cover. Existing members will be covered upto 70 years.
- Children aged 19 and above will be covered as principal / main members.
- Waiting periods of 10 days for illness claims (both inpatient and outpatient) and 60 days for non-accidental claims.
Medical Insurance Plans are underwritten by UAP Old Mutual Insurance Uganda and administered by AXA Partners
Our 24/7 customer service team is staffed with multilingual specialists who can assist in a variety of situations while you are in medical treatment.
For fastest service, you can cancel your policy by giving us a call on +256 414 332 700. For a full refund of your premium, you must cancel within 10 days of your policy purchase and have not filed a claim.